Pages - Menu

Friday, February 4, 2011

Cyclone Update

OMG, I have missed you! Well you, my readers and you, the sweet internet!

I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who left comments, sent emails, tweets etc. I really appreciate you thinking of me and my family.

Well, Cyclone Yasi has passed, and I am pleased to say Townsville did not fair too badly. Structural damage to buildings was minimal, but so many trees uprooted. Unfortunately the city (I am sure it is big enough to qualify the name city), lost power and there was also damage to water mains. My power has only just come on... 50 hours without it in a tropical climate... needless to say I/we were starting to smell :)

Needless to say all the food in my fridge and freezer had to be binned :(

Here are a couple of pictures.

This is the new shed at a local school.


What used to be a footpath and someone's fence!


Tree that fell on the neighbours car (blue plastic was put on after as the back window and boot where all smashed).

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a card. Take care.

Jay Gee

12 comments:

Yenni Natalia said...

Glad to hear that you are safe and sound :) hope everthing will be back as per normal soon :) and i hope there is no more cyclone :)

Jo said...

Oh poor you, Judith! Hope it doesn't take too long to set everything straight and you can feel like you are geting back to normal soon.

Lynn said...

Oh Judith... I am so glad that you are okay. Very scary for you and your family.

Karen B. said...

Its good to see that you are ok, I hope everything else will fair smoothly for you as the clean up begins.

Laurel said...

I am glad that you are ok, and hope that everything gets back to normal soon.

Danielle said...

I was thinking of you! Started getting nervous when you hadn't posted. I am so glad you and your family are all okay!

Brandi said...

I am so glad you made it through with minimal damage. I was worried about you when I saw the news. Hope the clean up and recovery of your town is swift. Take care.
Brandi

Unknown said...

So glad and relieved to hear you are safe. Thinking of you, your family and friends and your city. Take care
Jo

Tammy said...

Good to hear you guys didn't suffer any personal damage IYKWIM, hope things get tidied up and start growing again soon. : )

Laurie said...

Judith I am so glad to hear that you are ok! I did think of you when I heard it on the news! Glad to see a post and now that you are ok! Let us know how things go!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, I am glad you are alright! Having lived in Hawaii, and gone through long power outages in crazy weather I know! Hope everyone fairs ok. Will be thinking of everyone in your area!

Laurel Beard said...

Holy cow! I am so glad that you are ok! I am thinking of you all.